Philadelphia Animal Hospital is seeking a new, full-time receptionist for our veterinary clinic. Philadelphia Animal Hospital has been a family-owned business for more than 30 years, and offers a friendly team-environment P.A.H.is a family-owned and operated business and has been for 30 years. We are open 7 days a week, and have 6 full-time veterinarians on staff to care for our community pets.
- Answer phones promptly and professionally using a multi-line phone system; answering client inquiries about basic animal care and routine procedures, questions about veterinary services and products, and provide knowledgeable advice about wellness, prevention, and diseases
- Greet clients and pets by name with a smile and a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Schedule appointments and surgeries according hospital scheduling guidelines.
- Explain invoices to show value for care provided, stating all services and products provided before the total; echo doctors’ recommendations when checking out clients
- Collect payment when services are rendered, including making change for cash payments and processing credit cards,
- Check medical and computer records for accurate client addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and scan appropriate new documents to patient’s medical records.
- Advise clients on flea/tick preventative, heartworm preventatives, pre-anesthetic testing, pain management, shampoos etc.
Periodically Checking/Responding to emails from clients throughout the day.
Providing doctors with lab results.
Checking faxes, and responding to outgoing prescriptions (pet meds, chewy) etc
- Coordinate the flow of pets and owners in the lobby; placates owners distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems
- Identify potential emergencies in person, and over the phone, and schedule those appointments appropriately
- Responds to inquiries about the range of services the practice provides and the species it treats; refer to appropriate department/staff member as needed
- Input data to practice management software to check pets in; make simple postings to accounts; compile data for various reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge required- keyboarding and use of communication tools (e-mail/internet)
- Working knowledge of veterinary terminology- must be able to pronounce, spell, and know the meaning
- Ability to display tact and respect with clients and team members, even when busy or hectic
- Ability to conduct oneself in a confident, calm, and professional manner with clients and staff when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks
- Must feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
- Hour wage based on experience
- Hospital Attire Provided
- Generous Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 12 hour shifts / 8 hour shifts / 4 hour shifts available
- Weekend availability
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Receptionist Position”